Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Remote reset of user passwords in 10.14.4, broken?

I created a profile that would lock a user account after x amount of failed password attempts, then tested it and got nicely locked out. Received a msg to contact the sysadmin which is me so looked at how to unlock the account but could not find anyt...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sentinel One AV Install Help

How do I deploy Sentinel One through jamf when it requires a general site token during the registration part of the installation. I want to be able to push it out to multiple macs that have already been enrolled in JAMF.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

JSS CA for 802.1x

Maybe this is crazy but... Has anyone thought of using the JSS built in CA, taking its issuer certificate as the trusted authority on a RADIUS server and then having the clients auth with 802.1x using the JSS issued cert. I can't reference that cert ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to get list of computers in batch

Hello, I am looking at API where if an organization has more than 5000 devices registered in Jamf, i need to get the computers in batches.. means. get 1000 computers in batch to reduce the network latency. Can some one provide some clues?  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Copying files locally off server for install

Hello, I am new to being the JAMF admin on our team and I can troubleshoot macs and use them but scripting and automation are not my thing by any means. I am trying to learn but it's a big big world and I need help. I have been tasked by security to ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to remove a specific account in 10.14?

I'm having issues deleting a setup user account in 10.14+. After imaging completes, I have a script running the following: !/bin/sh /usr/local/bin/jamf deleteAccount -username admin -deleteHomeDirectory exit 0 but it doesn't work. I'm looking for a s...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf and Google MDM

we use the Google Suite as much as we can. Gmail, Drive, etc. We also manage our iOS devices with JAMF Pro, but we use Google's MDM for BYOD devices (access to Drive and Gmail on personal devices). The problem with this is that if someone wanted to a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

How do you manage apps for BYOD?

Now I am embarking on the whole BYO area with users with their own devices, who want specific apps, and will be calling the help desk to find out what they need to do or in rare cases finding something on our portal on how to get something. I do not ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

ADCS - When does certificate re-apply

If a user is resetting the keychain the certificate that was applied from ADCS is of course gone. The configuration profile for the ADCS certificate is still there, but when will it re-apply the certificate again ? Or must there be made something mor...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Orphaned profile I can't remove

Yesterday I was experimenting with setting the homepage in Safari via Config Profile. It worked quite well, but it was only a test so I removed my computer from the scope and went home for the day. This morning I discovered that my computer was still...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

New to JAMF

Hello, I am new to JAMF i need a demo jamf to learn and need hands on, can i get some install versos for it.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Teams - Presence Integration

Has anyone figured out how to make Outlook use Teams for Presence instead of Skype for Business? On the Windows version of Teams, there is an option to switch the default chat app, but this is not available in the Mac version of Teams.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Classroom for Mac

Is there a step by step guide to configure classroom for mac? Its working flawlessly on our iOS devices, but the mac's come up with a blank classroom.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Report only devices with VPP app

I have a paid VPP that that I purchased 166 licenses for and deployed via Jamf using device-based VPP licensing. My scope is "all users" but limited to an LDAP user group. This allowed us to control the app deployment through active directory, but it...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Enrollment - Error 502

Hi All, A bit out of ideas here, but we are since yesterday running into an issue, that during MDM configuration at Setup Assitant, we receive a 502 error stating the MDM server gave an unexpected error. It happened once the other day, now it's 9/10 ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Permission - share data(airdrop) for collaboration in iOS

When we share links or share data for collaboration(Using airdrop), we're in a very uncomfortable situation because of a message of permission. include capture iPad Screen. *The file "Presentaion.key" couldn't be opened because you don't have permiss...  View more

64a9bd81d0d94b3480bf7003a8145f04
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Classroom - shows wrong apps?

We have been using Apple Classroom from the beginning and have been happy with it up to now. But starting this year, more and more students who get caught deny having used other apps tooth and nail... This happens more and more - and normally I would...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

NoMAD "password does not expire"

I have been instructed by our InfoSec team that I need to configure NoMAD to communicate via SSL. I found the LDAPOverSSL key on the NoMAD site and set it to true, then added it to the existing Config Profile that I've been using. ADDomain compan...  View more

260cb86ee1674bbd8ea4f537f2fc962d
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to get rid of legacy 32 bit version

In system rapport and software and legacy software I have on entry that I cannot get rid of I have tried to uninstall the package through Jamf, but even after restart it is still listed there even the file does not exist in the folder Any trick how t...  View more

dcf5dd60f98a4ef5b67d32336cef1330
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script for installing DMG/PKG/ZIP Via Curl

Hi folks, I'm looking for a script to install DMG/PKG/ZIP via curl with the URL, App name etc as variables. Does anyone have anything like this? Or a working script for one of the file formats above I can get started with? ThanksDavid.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors