MacBook setup issue when DEP w/ LDAP credentials entered

ohtech
New Contributor II

Current setup is DEP having users login onsite with their LDAP credentials. I'm running into an issue where setup stalls if a user logs in with LDAP but then doesn't finish going through the setup wizard quickly the computer will go to sleep and when it wakes up shows a OS X login screen with the username "Setup Account" asking for a password. The only fix I've found is wiping the computer, reinstalling OS X and starting over. Has anyone run into this issue or found a fix?

4 REPLIES 4

ohtech
New Contributor II

8ea965c529854e6f894921f785374f27
Realized an image of what the issue is may help. Here's the screen that the computer gets locked into if it goes to sleep some time between users entering in LDAP credentials and setup finalizing local account.

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

This happens if you are using the password policy payload in your prestage config. If you disable that this won't happen. You can apply the password policy configprofile later.

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

Btw, this doesn't have anything to do with the LDAP auth being turned on in your prestage. It will happen even if LDAP auth is turned off.

Basically the issue is the password policy payload gets applied to the setup user that setup assistant is running as. When the machine goes to sleep and then wakes up, it wants you to change the password for setup user to match the password policy but much like when a password policy requiring a password change hits a user when the screensaver lock screen is on, the user gets stuck there.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Just to add, I've seen this when doing an 10.10 - 10.11 in place upgrade & bound to AD.. So it's not limited to a prestage & is an apple thing.