Macbook status is 'Completed - ' in Prestage Enrollment status, but not found in computers. ?!

maurits
Contributor

See title, what can be the reason for this? We suspect theft, but I would expect the Mac (known serial number) to show in Computers, but not checked in recently (because the thief has re-installed Mac, and has not connected to internet during setup.)

2 REPLIES 2

nvandam
Contributor II

I had this happen. I'm not sure why, but the computer went through the prestage and was marked as completed, but nothing ever happened in Jamf. No device record was created. So, what I think is happening, is it successfully went through a prestage enrollment, but the binary never installed for whatever reason and thus no device record was sent. In my case, the DEP nag popped up on the users computer and they clicked that which took them through the DEP prestage and enrolled in Jamf. So to confirm, you're not even seeing a device record for this computer? And it was a "new" computer, not one in use already?

maurits
Contributor

Thanks Natan, your description is what I expect.

This computer is currently 'missing' (we shipped 30 computers to the customer two weeks ago, 29 are now in Jamf, and 1 is 'missing' ) Maybe the macbook is stolen between us and the customer, or maybe a legitimate user that started the setup assistant, but never finished it (did not pass the authentication step). According to Jamf support, the status 'enrolment complete' should result in a device in the computers list. We are looking into the logistics, and into the logs now to see if someone deleted the computer.