macOS 13.5 and 13.5.0

nelsoni
Contributor III

We are experiencing an odd issue in Jamf where it is reporting both 13.5 and 13.5.0. I have confirmed that 13.5.0 is not a beta version since the build number is the same across these 2 versions. I have also already tested on a Mac that is reporting in Jamf as 13.5.0 that sw_vers -productversion displays 13.5.

Has anyone else been experiencing this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

This has been happening for a while.. same with 13.4, possibly before.. from what I remember its down to jamf binary and declarative device management (sure someone will correct me if wrong 😎)

This lead me to move all smart groups using OS version to use build number.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

This has been happening for a while.. same with 13.4, possibly before.. from what I remember its down to jamf binary and declarative device management (sure someone will correct me if wrong 😎)

This lead me to move all smart groups using OS version to use build number.

andrew_nicholas
Valued Contributor

PI111422: Computers with macOS Ventura may incorrectly report their Operating System Version as 13.x instead of 13.x.x.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Reporting shenanigans with changes in macOS13. As others have said we have switched to using build numbers with macOS13 to get around the shenanigans.

CME-Packager-99
New Contributor

This isn't new.... it's been doing this for several versions. I've changed our smart groups to use "like" 13.5