macOS Monterey versus JamfPro 10.30.3

sfiguet
New Contributor III

Hello. Is JamfPro Agent compatible with macOS Monterey fresh install (bêta 3) ?

For me, with the beta 3, i have some profiles installed but not the jamf binary.

Our Jamfpro plateform version is 10.30.3-t1624643096. 

And you ?

6 REPLIES 6

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

I'd say unless you're enrolled in a Jamf Pro beta that provides it, Monterey support won't happen for prod until the OS itself is released in a non beta/rc form.

You can certainly fly by the seat of your pants and try it. 

sfiguet
New Contributor III

Thank you for your answer. But sometimes Jamf provide a support before the release and integrate new features step by step during the beta phase. 
My question was just to confirm like the actual version of the binary is not compliant with the third beta of macOS 12. 
I sure, that will change during this summer ;-). 
This summer we are following macOS 12 bêta to be ready in fall. 

dvasquez
Valued Contributor

I am not sure if macOS Monterey is officially supported but I am using beta 3 and have this version of the Jamf Pro: 10.30.3-t1624643096 and I am managed and can issue recon, manage policy flush and policy commands. 

Just putting that out there for you. I am in no way using it as a production build but all seems good so far. 

sfiguet
New Contributor III

Yes, the same for me. If I update a computer from BigSur everything seems to be good for the management. But it's when I do a fresh install with the beta file from Apple configurator 2, the DEP process works well but after only some profiles are present and the Jamf binary is not installed. I'm going to test with the new version (beta 4). 😉

dvasquez
Valued Contributor

Understood, good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple just released a new beta today, but previous Monterey betas have not successfully enrolled into Jamf via DEP/ADE from my testing. existing enrolled Macs that upgrade, seem to be fine.