macOS Ventura Rapid Security Response Extension Attribute

dan-snelson
Valued Contributor II
A Jamf Pro Extension Attribute to report the status of macOS Ventura’s new Rapid Security Response

RSR.png

Background

For a number of macOS versions, we’ve been reporting on the status of Install system data files and security updates  and macOS Ventura introduces Rapid Security Response.

Continue reading …

8 REPLIES 8

mickl089
Contributor III

how can i enable this for all my users via jamf?

dan-snelson
Valued Contributor II

Excellent question, @mickl089.

This feature was introduced with Jamf Pro 10.42.0:

https://docs.jamf.com/10.42.0/jamf-pro/release-notes/New_Features_and_Enhancements.html#reference-50

mickl089
Contributor III

Thanks for the fast answer!
One more question: my EA tells me "not found" - i´ve deactivated the feature for testing. After this, i made a sudo jamf recon, but the script tells me "not found" - is that correct?

SCR-20221025-fwc.png

dan-snelson
Valued Contributor II

On the affected Mac, what are you seeing for the output of the following Terminal commands?

/usr/bin/defaults read /Library/Managed\ Preferences/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate ConfigDataInstall

/usr/bin/defaults read /Library/Managed\ Preferences/com.apple.applicationaccess allowRapidSecurityResponseInstallation

The domain/default pair of (/Library/Managed Preferences/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate, ConfigDataInstall) does not exist
and
The domain/default pair of (/Library/Managed Preferences/com.apple.applicationaccess, allowRapidSecurityResponseInstallation) does not exist

dan-snelson
Valued Contributor II

Thanks for confirming, @mickl089; looks like it's "working as expected."

elvisizer
New Contributor

doesn't look accurate- the article about the EA says that the configdatainstall key should only be present if rapid security updates are not enabled . . . but I've got rapid security updates enabled and the configdatainstall key is present in my plist. edit: oh I see the later version of the EA now, that looks good 👍

dan-snelson
Valued Contributor II

Sorry for any Dan-induced confusion, @elvisizer.