Mail.app Loses Exchange password

jcline_bigos
New Contributor

Apologies in advance if this has previously been covered (although I did search the discussions before posting):

We are new to iPads and JAMF here in our Windows shop and have been seeing an oddity in the last few days where the Mail.app suddenly loses the Exchange account password. This has happened 2 or 3 days in a row now on all of our test devices (running 9.2.1, hosted JSS running 9.82).

I'll be opening an Office 365 support ticket as well in case this is an O365 problem.

Anyway just thought I would ask if anyone else is seeing this behavior? Thanks.

Edit: Oddly enough, iPhones in the company that are not managed by JAMF are not experiencing this issue, nor are Outlook.app clients having any trouble so it kind of makes me think it might not be a Microsoft issue)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

brad
Contributor

Hi @jcline_bigos ,

Are you making any changes to the configuration profile? If you press distribute to all, it will remove the profile along with the password on the device, and reinstall the profile. If that is not the case, look a the management log on a device in the JSS to see if it is removing and reinstalling the profile. Perhaps the scope of the profile is changing erratically?

Good luck!

Brad

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

brad
Contributor

Hi @jcline_bigos ,

Are you making any changes to the configuration profile? If you press distribute to all, it will remove the profile along with the password on the device, and reinstall the profile. If that is not the case, look a the management log on a device in the JSS to see if it is removing and reinstalling the profile. Perhaps the scope of the profile is changing erratically?

Good luck!

Brad

jcline_bigos
New Contributor

Thanks Brad, I'm sure that is what is causing it now that you mention it. Thanks for the clues!

--Joe