Make package from S3 Cloud Share visible in Jamf

jonlju
Contributor

We use an S3 Cloud Share for packages that we can't install using scripts, and Jamf Pro running in AWS as well. We are now in the middle of starting to roll out Big Sur and would preferably do this through Self Service as our users are not administrators.

Due to the size of the package (around 11-12gb), we couldn't upload the package through Jamf as we get an error message each time when trying to upload it. Therefore, it was uploaded directly to S3 and I can see the package there along with our other packages.

Is there a way to make Jamf see this package as well? Currently I can see all packages but not that one. Unfortunately as I said, uploading it through Jamf itself or via Jamf Admin results in an error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jonlju
Contributor

We solved this by uploading a .txt-file with the same name as the package in Jamf, and then replacing that .txt-file on the S3 Cloud Share itself with the actual package. We had to disable package validation for it to work but we can live with that.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jonlju
Contributor

We solved this by uploading a .txt-file with the same name as the package in Jamf, and then replacing that .txt-file on the S3 Cloud Share itself with the actual package. We had to disable package validation for it to work but we can live with that.