Managed iPad which is Auto Enrolled - Management Commands are stuck with status "Pending"

dlondon
Valued Contributor

On the iPad: General > VPN & Device Management only displayed VPN - not anything to do with MDM

Upgraded to the latest OS from the device and now I see all the Configuration Profiles in General > VPN & Device Management but still when I try and do anything that uses a remote command from Jamf Pro such as restart or Inventory it stays with a status of "Pending". The MDM Profile looks to be current.

Before upgrading iOS there were a bunch of failed commands like this in Jamf

The UUID for the profile “Self Service Web Clip” is not unique.

My current idea is to wipe it and rebuild with Apple Configurator.

If it was a Mac I'd try a "profiles renew -type enrollment" command but I can't see how to do that for an iPad

This is 1 of 80 but the only one that is misbehaving

It, like the other 80 received a new config profile to access the wifi a week or so ago changing from user authentication to certificate authentication.  It can access the internet fine so it's not simply a network issue

Apart from Wipe/Rebuild, does anyone have any other ideas of things to try?

2 REPLIES 2

dlondon
Valued Contributor

Ok - captured the Server log after sending an inventory command and also ran the ipad connected to Apple Configurator 2 so I could capture the console there but  at the moment nothing jumping out.  Will leave that for another day.

I wiped it with Apple Configurator but left it in the groups and prestage.  It came back and reconnected to jamf and enrolled as it should.  All the app's and config profiles assigned have installed. 

I am now able to run remote commands such as restart and inventory although I do see these:

Installed App ListPending30/01/2023 at 9:38 AM30/01/2023 at 9:45 AM  
ManagedMediaListPending30/01/2023 at 9:38 AM30/01/2023 at 9:45 AM  

I'll give it some time and see if they clear

dlondon
Valued Contributor

Checked a few hours later and these pending commands have cleared/run