Managed Preferences/Policies not applying

jonbergeron
New Contributor

So this is getting frustrating. I've been working with Jamf about this issue and I stumped them so I'm putting it out here.

We have an active directory environment for our macs and we cannot get the managed preferences or policies to apply to our networked users. Local users work fine. I was on the phone with Jamf for close to two hours going scenarios. We built dmgs with preferences and forced them through policies and using managed preferences using terminal with no solution. If anyone has had this issue and knows a trick or two we would greatly appreciate it.

Sad part is all we are trying to do is change the homepage of safari.

4 REPLIES 4

nkalister
Valued Contributor

what are you using for your AD plugin?

how are you delivering your MCX- from the JSS or from AD?

If you're using JSS MCX, it's not compatible with most 3rd party AD plugins for mobile accounts. Works with the apple plugin, but that's about it. There's a chart in the admin guide with the details.

jonbergeron
New Contributor

An update to this. A probable solution to this is under our bindings for AD if we uncheck use UNC path we are able to use policies but it screws up our keychain. If anyone has either solution for this or any insight there might be a drink or two at the user conference in October. Thanks.

jonbergeron
New Contributor

Nick,
We are using Apple's AD plugin. We would like to deliver the MCX via JSS, at least that is our hope.

nkalister
Valued Contributor

well, that IS a supported configuration, and I'm successfully delivering MCX in a similar environment.
Can you post the details of the MCX setting you're trying to push?