Managed Preferences Stopped working

Randydid
Contributor II

Hello,

First of all, I found this thread. The solution there does not work for my environment. I have tested by changing the default screensaver (Flury) to something else and it will not take.. We are running 9.72. I have a few things that happen in this configuration. The pain points are a 15 minute inactive logout. The second pain point is that I need to exclude a subset of machines in our labs so that they can use Wifi by scoping them out (I have WiFi disabled in the Managed Perefences). Like the poster in the thread I cited, students and faculty are complaining.

3 REPLIES 3

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@Diddel 10.10.x clients?

User level MCX have not worked for me with 10.10.x clients.. So I moved to profiles & haven't looked back.

grecopj
Contributor

Do you have any managed preferences that are working and being pushed out? I have my auto logout set for 60 minutes through .GlobalPreferences.com.

I wish I could switch to all Profiles but I can't seem to figure out how to make them work with the .GlobalPreference.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@grecopj Sorry for the late reply, I don't have a config profile with a .GlobalPreference payload.