management admin account not working

cody_ludlum
New Contributor

I made an image for mountain lion, when I image a computer I am looked out and admin management password doesn't work, I have also had complaints about other users trying to logon and failing

they don't show up under imaging logs, even though it images

4 REPLIES 4

powellbc
Contributor II

I too am seeing these issues. The machines image and the account is created, but it is not hidden and the machine is not managed despite that being set in the configuration. I also am seeing that the image is not being logged too.

What is going on? This seems like an extremely buggy release.

Lhsachs
Contributor II

Which process did you use to create your admin account? Did you create the build/install add the account and then use composer?
Did you use instadmg dmg and add the account with a script?

My test 10.8 image (created with instadmg) is placed on a system well, and I'm noting some minor permission issues with the admin user created by the script used for 10.7 (create lion user)

cody_ludlum
New Contributor

i did clean install, never booted, used composer and target mode to make image. used casper imaging check the managed box to create management account on computer. then when it was done it wouldn't work, but I found out other mac airs I have are have same problem that have been working fine. don't think it is image

powellbc
Contributor II

I followed more or less the same process as Cody: Clean image, captured with Composer (8.6), I and adding account via the Management tab in the configuration. Imaging is via netboot.