Management tab hangs on some devices/ wont take new config profiles.

cwm
New Contributor

Hello all, 

We're seeing this issue with some computers on our instance where the Management tab for some devices wont load. For the computers that won't it spins and spins until you see the message "temporarily unavailable" (and still just spins). Possibly related, it seems that these computers wont take new profiles either. 

I think that it may be related to a config profile that was generated incorrectly (i.e. this pppc utility / jamf pro issue  https://github.com/jamf/PPPC-Utility/issues/90 ) that caused a lot of our computers to have over 1000 (sometimes 10000) failed management commands, which we can see on the ones we can view management for. I deleted that profile, thinking that might help clear it all out, but the failures are still listed with something of an error message in its place. 

I thought I might have some luck with the with the "cancel management commands" from the inventory actions button, but that too hangs. I've also tried to use the classic API to clear them with something like: ourinstance.jamfcloud.com/JSSResource/commandflush/computers/id/###/status/Pending+Failed" -X DELETE

While that does complete, it doesn't seem to fix the problem. Affected computers cant take new config profiles, the management tab still doesn't load, and the "cancel management commands" action still errors out. Generally, that seems like a pretty indicator that the failed/pending aren't the issue, but I can't imagine what else it could be.

Anyone else seen anything like this?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@cwm I've seen that before, and it was due to having a corrupted computer record in the database. You should contact Jamf support and they can help you identify the cause.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@cwm I've seen that before, and it was due to having a corrupted computer record in the database. You should contact Jamf support and they can help you identify the cause.