Manually requesting Certs from User Level SCEP Profile

ocla__09
Contributor

We have a User level SCEP profile that is installed via Self Service. We are having issues with auto reprovision of the cert that we are working through at the moment with Jamf. Unfortunately, we have some certs that are going to start expiring soon. In an attempt to avoid contacting these users and have them manually re request a cert I am looking into the profiles command which has the following flag available:

-W  Attempt to renew the certificates in an installed profile.

I am using a command like the following:

sudo profiles -Y username -p " XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-CCCC-XXXXXXXX" -W

I have tried many different iterations of the command, but always results in the following output:

{
    Changes =     (
    );
}
certificate renewal for profile: 'XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-CCCC-XXXXXXXX' returned -2 (Could not find profile with identifier 'XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-CCCC-XXXXXXXX'.)

when I run the command "sudo profiles -Lv -U username" it prints out the verbose properties of the profile including the attribute: username[1] attribute: profileIdentifier: XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-CCCC-XXXXXXXX

So, I know the profile id number are the same. I have triple checked, then triple checked again. Does anyone have any insight as to what I am missing or the correct syntax to use here?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

AmigoDeluxe
New Contributor III

Same here