Mapping Custom Attributes from Google Workspace into Jamf Pro

ReidCoCam
New Contributor

Hello.

Does anyone have any experience mapping custom attributes from Google Workspace into Jamf Pro. We are using Google Workspace as our Cloud Identity Provider, and I am trying to sync a custom attribute from Google to populate into the "Department" field in the Mappings editor.

I've tried just about every combination of attributes I can think of to try and get the data to pull across correctly, but nothing is working. For reference, the exact thing I am trying to achieve is pulling data from a Custom Attribute called "jamf" with my users' department name, as the actual Department attribute in Google Workspace isn't providing the correct info from our HR system. But when I enter "jamf" as the attribute in the Department field in Jamf Pro, it returns "no value" after a test search. I've also tried "user.jamf", "jamfJamf" and what feels like dozens of other variants to no avail.

Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2

deborah621
New Contributor

In Jamf Pro, navigate to Settings > System > Cloud Identity Providers and ensure that your mappings are correctly configured. You might need to map the custom attribute from Google Workspace to the corresponding field in Jamf Pro. 

Right, that's what I'm doing. I have my custom attribute in Google Workspace and am entering that in the "Department" field in Jamf Pro, but it's returning "no value". I'm either entering the attribute value different than what Jamf Pro is expecting, or Jamf Pro doesn't have the function to pull custom attributes. But I can't find any answers as to which is which.