Mass iPad wipe

jairodriguez
New Contributor

Hello, I'm fairly new to JAMF so sorry if my question seems redundant. 

We're currently prepping iPads to be surveyed out, since they have student data our procedure involves wiping the devices (either via Apple Configurator or JAMF Wipe). Is there a way to scan the serial numbers of the devices we plan to restore into a spreadsheet and have them uploaded to JAMF Pro to then be remotely wiped? 

The process we have currently works but I was just looking to see if there were any tips to make it go by faster.

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jcarr
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Use the 'Action' button (at the bottom of any list) and select 'Send Remote Commands' and then 'Wipe Device.'

If you do not have a group or an advanced mobile device search to find the particular iPad units, you can use a list of serial numbers separated by commas pasted into the 'Search' field in the 'Search Inventory' section.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jcarr
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Use the 'Action' button (at the bottom of any list) and select 'Send Remote Commands' and then 'Wipe Device.'

If you do not have a group or an advanced mobile device search to find the particular iPad units, you can use a list of serial numbers separated by commas pasted into the 'Search' field in the 'Search Inventory' section.

Awesome, thank you!