Need Industry Standard App Compatibility testing tools for MacOS

Manivannan
New Contributor

Hello Team,

Good Day!

Can anyone please advise if we have Compatibility testing tools for MacOS that meets the Industry standards , Especially it should be able to tell us if the application will be able to run successfully on a given Hardware configuration.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

What are you looking to accomplish specifically? 

Generally speaking you don't need to test different Hardware for a given application. Rather you should be testing a given application against the different versions of macOS, especially as new versions release. On the hardware side, Apple does a pretty good job of making sure the Hardware is not a variable unless it intends to be like a Mini not having a battery or Apple Silicon not having a T2 chip. 

Thank you AJPinto for your response.

In our environment we distribute the M2 as standard models for all our users , but Few users use some heavy applications (Like Video editing software, Tableau) which might need higher spec like 14inch Mac which have 16 GB RAM .

We need a tool to justify that this specific application needs higher configuration of MAC , We want a way to find out who needs what model.

Can you suggest some test/tool to this scenario.

Thanks,

bwoods
Valued Contributor

@Manivannan , I'm not sure that you're going to find software that's going to provide benchmarks for specific apps. Your team should allow the team requesting the higher tier hardware to test and point out performance issues. 

Honestly I think that hardware with 16GB of RAM is the industry standard. I couldn't image editing video on anything less than 16GB.