MATLAB and PPPC

alexkaloostian
New Contributor II

Has anyone successfully whitelisted MATLAB with the PPPC utility or another method? It doesnt allow me to add the app, it just ignores it. Ive tried PPPC Utility 1.1.2 with MATLAB 2017a through 2019b.

4 REPLIES 4

mike_paul
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hey @alexkaloostian, thanks for the post. That typically means that the app doesn't have a code signature, which is required for things to be whitelisted. You can confirm this by running the following command and see what it returns:

codesign -dr - /Applications/Application.app

If it isnt signed it should return something like "code object is not signed at all"

rstasel
Valued Contributor

Anyone ever figure out a fix for this? I'm trying to pre-approve Matlab 2020b for ~/Documents access and I can't because it isn't signed.

"Failed to get designated code requirement. The executable may not be signed. Error: The operation couldn't be completed. (OSStatus error -67062.)"

Can confirm codesign returns a "code object is not signed at all".

This makes me confused why MATLAB even launches without any issue if it's not signed. You can add Matlab to Privacy manually, but I don't think there's any way to create a PPPC profile for it if it's not signed, is there?

dlondon
Valued Contributor

Does matlab run ok otherwise? I have the same version deployed but never tried setting any access for it

rstasel
Valued Contributor

it does work fine otherwise. when you launch it, it prompts for access to Documents. which is fine for employees, but when it's a lab, it would be nice to pre-approve.

There's a path option for PPPC profiles, but I'm unclear how that actually works (and not even sure if it does if it's not signed).