MBAir 10.7x

ImAMacGuy
Valued Contributor II

Recently (last couple weeks) we've been having problems with our MBAir images, it's not completing things like the domjoin or post install scripts, they are taking a long time to click through the disclaimer screen (click disclaimer goes away, then after ~3 seconds the login window finally prompts).

The log files are showing that everything is going down properly to the box, but they are never running.

I created a 10.7.4 Netboot image using the latest version of the resource kit.

It's only affecting the Airs, the same image is used on the MBP's and they are fine.

Any ideas of other things I can look at?

1 REPLY 1

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

With MacBook Airs, we have seen "after the reboot" issues come and go. The behavior is as if after the computer boots, the USB Ethernet adapter isn't acquiring a DHCP address or it's not even an enabled network device. If I recall correctly, the config techs were logging in with a local account, ensuring USB Adapter was a working network device and then the JAMF Helper would immediately load and complete the imaging.

We are just using a normal netboot with Casper Imaging. I've seen the issue come and go over various versions of Mac OS used for net booting and various versions of Casper Imaging.

At one point I removed and re-added all of the USB Ethernet adapters from the JSS Removable MAC addresses that are used by our configuration team. That didn't seem to help.

What may have helped is shortening our DHCP lease times and a few other network adjustments that were completed in the configuration center's subnet.