McAfee Agent 5.0.4.283 - Questions

rl2k05
New Contributor

Got a quick question and was wondering if anyone as seen this. I created both a DMG and a pkg for the McAfee Agent (install.sh file), created a policy to run it. The policy runs and when its finished, I get a policy failed. But when I check the policy logs, its looks all good and its installed properly. Since it works its fine, but just trying to figure out why its throwing that error. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

steve_summers
Contributor III

Did you set the permissions in Composer, on each PKG or DMG? Things run well with root/wheel selected and 755 set on the permissions. Just a thought.

rl2k05
New Contributor

The Library folder in the package is set to

Owner - root RWX
Group - wheel RX
Everyone - RX

Mode 755

Should all the folder below be set to this as well?

steve_summers
Contributor III

Thanks for your reply. What I do is ensure the file itself has the Root/Wheel - 755 permissions set to it, not just the folder. If that's what you meant, my bad, but it sounded like the stopped above the install.sh. Check those permissions as well for good measure.

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

A long time ago I found the same problem even though it is actually installing correctly. If you look at the details of the policy log, you may see a lot of log info. Buried in there somewhere may be 1 or 2 lines that say the word "error" in it, but they aren't actual errors. When you see them in context you'll understand. Anyway, this always registered as a failure in JSS until Jamf fixed the error recognition a couple versions ago (9.7? 9.8?) Now the policy correctly shows as a success. Are you running an older version of JSS? If so, upgrading will help you out. If you're on a newer version, you may want to show us the log details for the failures.

rl2k05
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply, yes we are on an older version of JSS. We are soon to upgrade.