McAfee Firewall System Extension

glpi-ios
Contributor III

Hi,

We are trying to deploy McAfee Firewall but on Catalina (10.15.7) we have a "System Extension Blocked" window for "McAfeeSystemextensions" and we are unable to approve it as well as McAfee Network Extension in the Privacy tab in Full Access disk.

We have followed the instructions given here  but the system extensions are still not loaded.

Do any of you use McAfee Firewall and could give us the prerequisites please?

While knowing that this problem only concerns Catalina. Everything works fine on Big Sur.

Thank you for your help

9 REPLIES 9

PatrickD
Contributor II

Hi @glpi-ios,

Looks like that link is not working. Could you please try reposting it?

When you say you are unable to approve it do you mean that you are seeing the pop-up and then going to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy and there is not option to approve it? If so, I have seen this before. wasn't able to find what was causing it though. The work around was to deploy the kernel/system extensions via Jamf and then install the software.

McAfee may have different extensions for Catalina and Big Sur, see if you can reach out to their support team to confirm what they are for Catalina.

System Extension.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 08.46.10.png

jimmy-swings
Contributor II

Hi @glpi-ios 

McAfee have a wealth of documentation to configure their agents across various macOS versions on the page McAfee Enterprise Community > Enterprise Support > Mac and Linux Products > Configuration Profiles i....

Have you had a chance to work through this?

glpi-ios
Contributor III

Hi,

Thank you for your help.

We followed this documentation https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB93600&_ga=2.194046251.722069957.1633945079-7... to deploy the McAfee Firewall. So we created System Extensions payload and Web Content Filter payload but the system extension still not approved on macOS 10.15.7

Capture d’écran 2021-10-12 à 17.04.23.jpg

PatrickD
Contributor II

I would suggest running the following command in terminal, recording the system extensions and the manually approve it and run it again.

systemextensionsctl list

Use that to identify the System Extension teamID and bundleID and compare that with what you have configured for approval in Jamf Pro. 

MichaelMcG
New Contributor III

So i am having a similar issue with my M1 machines and McAfee, and I have System Extensions allowed as per the McAfee documentation, but when i run 

systemextensionsctl list

I never see the McAfee extensions allowed or listed, I see all the others I expect to see but no McAfee

glpi-ios
Contributor III

Hi,

We solved our issue with this configuration profile payload

Capture d’écran 2021-10-18 à 10.49.17.jpg

 Thank you all for your help.

MichaelMcG
New Contributor III

So i have those exact profiles and rules set up and still no joy, could i ask you to post a pic of your Terminal output when you run : 

systemextensionsctl list

glpi-ios
Contributor III

Capture d’écran 2021-10-18 à 11.22.16.jpg

But my issue was only on 10.15.7 (Intel)

MichaelMcG
New Contributor III

ok thanks, yea my issue is on the M1 machines, but i never see that system extension appearing which is weird

Thanks