MDM account name not allowed after device enrollment

JM
New Contributor II

1 REPLY 1

JM
New Contributor II

Here is the rest of post:

Good morning,

I started enrolling out of the box MacBook Pro M1 devices yesterday. After enrollment, the next step is to create a user. We have always used MDM. Yesterday, the device would't t allow that name MDM and the error read “The name you entered can’t be used. The name is not available. Enter in a different name.” and defaulted  to "MDM1'. We went ahead and finished the device setup, to see where this would lead us. When reviewing the home folders, the MDM1 home folder was there, and NOT the MDM, which I expected would be the case. 

We looked in the user profiles in Jamf Cloud to confirm the MDM user profile was in fact listed with the roll of admin, as it's always been, and it was. 

All my tokens are recently updated, ADE a few weeks ago, VPP Jun 23 , Push on the June 21. 

This is the first device i enrolled since both VPP and Push certs were updated. The devices I enrolled last week, enrolled successfully without any issues. Before I venture down another rabbit hole, I wanted to reach out to you all and see if someone else has experienced this. I opened a support ticket with Jamf support. Fill free to message me directly 

Thanks again!