MDM enrolled MacBooks receiving casperadmin login screen instead of remote management.

shikhartodaria
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I am new JAMF admin and need some insight about the issue that we are facing in our environment. 

On few of the newly procured MacBook which are already MDM enabled, we are receiving the below mentioned casperadmin login screen instead of standard remote management screen. The only workaround that I can apply is to remove the enrollment server from ABM and then add the server back. However, this does not work everytime.

Has anyone seen this issue and would really appreciate any kind of help.

casperadmin.jpg

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

When macOS sets up there is a few moments where an account is logged in like that and it should clear on its own. If its not clearing then something is messed up with the enrollment.

Id check your prestage first, make sure you are using the one you intend to use. If that is fine, check the device enrollment logs assuming you can log in to macOS. Beyond that open a ticket with JAMF as this can get fairly deep.

The enrolment is working 99% of the time, just for few of the machines it is failing that way, and just for one region. Most of our machines are DEP enabled and the affected machines are getting delivered directly via JAMF.

I will check the prestage but can't fetch any logs are we are not able to go beyond the casperadmin screen.

Thank you for the suggestion.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Check the JAMF Logs on the sever, there is a decent bit of information about enrollment in there.

Things to try to get in to macOS:

Thank you, I will try that.

piotrr
Contributor III

There is a moment during setup where MacOS may cache which server to connect to, and it can be confusing. Wiping the machines, waiting, and trying again should help. It's the "waiting" part that always gets me, I'm too impatient. 

That is what we are doing with the affected machines, but it's not working every time :(

"Waiting" can be 15 minutes, but it can also be 48 hours. 

shikhartodaria
New Contributor II

We managed to fix the issue after removing all the apps and policies from pre-stage configuration. Somehow filevault policies were breaking the enrolment.

Thank you everyone for sharing your suggestions.