MDM Enrollment issue in Casper 9.22

sidhu_navdeep
New Contributor

Hi Folks,

I'm very new to Jamf Casper & need your support to resolve MDM enrollment problem. I'm using Casper 9.22. I've several Mac machines where MDM enrollment status is showing "not enrolled" in JSS.

While checking this problem on Internet, I found below commands to resolve this issue

jamf removeMdmProfile
jamf manage

I run these commands remotely via SSH at one of the Mac machine however the status is still showing "not enrolled".

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here & how can I resolve this issue.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

This is currently an issue with 9.3, and may very well be something impacting older versions as well. I worked with JAMF Support for a few hours at the end of last week and nothing we tried got MDM enrollment to work. So I don't think it's just you.

sparedes
New Contributor II

We had a similar issue that was related with old/corrupt certificates.

I'd recommend reenrolling the machines with issues using the Recon app (comes in the casper suite package). Use the remote enrollment menu, you'll need the IP address of the machine and the admin user and pass (make sure SSH access is enabled).

If that still doesn't work try creating a quickadd package, also from the recon app.

Hope this helps.

sidhu_navdeep
New Contributor

Thanks for your replies. To deep dive further, I manually run below commands by logging at one of the problematic Mac machine.

jamf removeMdmProfile
jamf manage

After running 2nd command in verbose mode, it is showing MDM certificate created successfully. Even I'm able to see Profiles icon in System Preferences at that Mac machine which was earlier not present.

But in JSS, it is still showing status as "not enrolled"

Do I still need to re-enroll the problematic machine using Recon app? Any other pointers folks to get rid of this issue?

Thanks

sparedes
New Contributor II

You can use the recon app (to do it remotely), or you can do it from the same machine with "sudo jamf enroll -prompt".

I would strongly suggest reenrollment, as it usually solves most of our issues.

Saludos