Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

local user accounts or mobile/ad accounts?

we're going to be deploying casper in our environment in the next few months and to prepare I'm trying to figure out a few things to get a good slate of functionality going forward.All users on Macs currently have local user accounts and are primaril...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Partitioning with deployment

I am looking for a way to restrict the OS partition drive on our computers. During the image process, i need to restrict the OS partition to 100Gb, and the remainder be delegated to data storage.During the re-image process, only the 100Gb OS partitio...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

making users admins so they can install software at home

I had this login script working great #!/bin/shdscl . append /Groups/admin GroupMembership $3 It would make users from AD admin on computers so they are able to install software at home. Now it has stopped working and no idea why. Any thoughts?? Than...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment Profile with iOS7

Hi guys, I'm trying to create an enrollment profile to use with Apple Configurator. Target iOS Version doesn't show iOS7 (shows only iOS 4 to 6). We are on v9.3, what am I missing ? Thanks.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

disable bonjour printers

We seem to have a lot of people that when they go to add printers the bonjour ones show up before the AD populated list, so they select the bonjour printers. is there a way to disable the bonjour printers from showing up in the list?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x wired authentication in MAC

We are doing 802.1x in our network .windows its working fine but MAC its not working while trying to login ...so i suppose the machine authentication isnt happening so i tried to make system profile from the user profile that i made through IPCU with...  View more

• 38 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Profiles Disappeared

Hi Guys, This issue has been fixed by jamf but this recently happened on our college's Principal's ipad. We usually have 7 profiles on staff ipads 1x MDM profile, 1x certificate paylod, 1x Self Service and 4x Configuration Profiles. The Principal whi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Default files to open with new iWork

We have both iWork '09 as well as the latest iWork suite. What is the best way to change the default .pages, .numbers, .keynote file extensions to open in the new iWork programs (Pages 5.2, Numbers 3.2, Keynote 6.2)? We have seen the recommendations ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

License Key

I placed an order this morning for Enterprise Composer and haven't received a license key.Please advise.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Potential bug found on JSS Server Software

In Configuration Profiles while adding restrictions to preference pane access for the user, I encountered an error while trying to set the default finder preferences.It opens up okay, showing me this.external image linkShowing more than one profile a...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Links creating multiple volumes

Since moving to Mavericks I have some user complaints of duplicate volumes being mounted to various locations when following a link. What I'm hoping is someone has a solution that makes it function like Mountain Lion. Below is a description of the is...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SQL do's and don'ts with JSS

I'm having some trouble with a script taking too long while using curl, want to know if it would be more efficient to use sql insert instead. Here is a breakdown of what the script does. Queries SQL for computer ID's and puts them into an array. Then...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

dsconfigad: No operation specified nor update requested

Hey all,I have a script: #!/bin/sh sudo dsconfigad -passInterval 0 exit 0 However its been randomly returning this "dsconfigad: No operation specified nor update requested" in the policy logs.I'm not sure what this means, however it does say successf...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Command will run locally, but not as Jamf script

I'm trying to add the VPN icon to the menu bar. I've been trying to use this script: defaults write com.apple.systemuiserver menuExtras -array-add "/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/vpn.menu" killall SystemUIServer -HUP I can type this into te...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Clean up self service icon files from JSS

Is there any good way to do this? I have some icons that were replaced with higher quality ones and I would like to remove the older ones, but there is no interface I know of in the JSS. I realize I can go into the icons table if needed but would pre...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

SMART Status false positive?

Yes, that subject line is scary, but hear me out... Yesterday, one of our clients reported in with the SMART status "Failing." Of course, I went defcon-1 and immediately insured that I had a good backup in anticipation of the worst. However, upon rea...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Execute Command Output

I created a new policy and entered the following command into "Execute Command" under Files and Processes. echo "test text goes here" >> /tmp/newpassSadly, when I look at /tmp/newpass, it exists, but is empty. Anyone able to explain this?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trigger Policy at Custom Event

Hello Jamfnation, Can anybody please help me with the following issue: I need a policy to run once per computer, but it should trigger at a custom event, which would be, that 2 configuration profiles have already been applied before. Thanks for any i...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault Issue - Help!!! Cannot Encrypt Drive

So I decided to post this issue here as I have been working on this all weekend and searching the internet and found nothing helpful. Here is the issue. I tried to enable FileVault on my 10.9.4 MacbookAir4,1. It goes through the normal motions, I see...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trouble with pkg running post-install script

I'm not sure where the best place to post this question is, so any help or guidance would be appreciated. My problem is simple. I want to set the user dock on a lab of iMacs. I already have dockutil 2.0 installed on all the machines. So I'm thinking ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac OX 10.9(JSS Installer Mysql)

I'm trying to install the Jss installer and the mysql on the terminal, login to the mysql console- ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database 'jamfsoftware', please advise  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OpenLDAP Mobile Accounts problems

Please excuse the length - part of this post is brainstorming for my own benefit. and part of it is documenting what all I have tried. Environment:10.8/10.9 client machines10.6.8 OD serversOpenLDAP serversJSS 9.32Mobile accounts with no syncing (so j...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

error running Software Update on 10.5 Macs

I am getting this error when running software updates on a Mac running 10.5.8 that is connect to a 10.8.5 SUS.Error: Cannot parse a NULL or zero-length data Has anyone else gotten this error and how did they get 10.5.8 Mac to get updates form a 10.8....  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Standard user cant change pic

using casper imaging to create a standard account for the user of some computers in carts. after the image processes i go into the system settings to change the users pic and i cant do it?? is that typical of standard users??? to test something diffe...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors