Microsoft InTune vs. JSS Casper Suite

jsmillie
New Contributor III

Was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of using Microsoft InTune as an MDM solution for iOS devices? Recently it has come up that our school district may be entitled to this product through some other license deal we have in place already with Microsoft and of course with shrinking budgets as they are immediately the question is "Can it replace the Casper Suite?".

The JSS manages our iOS devices (carts & 1:1 deployments) and our Mac population today, about 2,000 devices grand total. For iOS devices its the all inclusive tool for us. For OS X (10.9, 10.10 today) I use the JSS in conjunction with Munki (3rd Party Software deploy/updates) & Deploy Studio (imaging.) I'm assuming that SCCM is a part of InTune for the Mac side of it anyways so I did look over the "SCCM vs Casper Suite" thread (https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=11982) but as it was from a year or so ago and the MDM side seems to be new here looking for new info.

We are primarily looking at the MDM side of this. If anyone could share I would appreciate it. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

guidotti
Contributor II

We are currently doing a feature parity side-by-side for iOS corporately-issued device management. We are using a dated version of Citrix XenMobile to do this (formerly Zenprise), and are looking to consolidate. We're in the middle of a ramp-up to rollout Office 365, and this licensing goes hand-in-hand with that.

Anything you or others have discovered would be helpful to me.
InTune is such a nascent platform, it's hard to discover any current information on specific feature offerings. They seem to change every week.

tak10
Contributor II

@guidotti Have you done the comparison of InTune and JSS for your organization? We are are looking to do the same with Office 365, would you care to share anything that you have so far for any comparison?

guidotti
Contributor II

@tak10 because of the nature of our licensing agreement, InTune is included with our Office 365 deployment. We are now working to migrate BYOD from Good and CID from XenMobile/Good to InTune for both populations. As far as features, I do not have anything in front of me that is a direct feature comparison. My folks are working on a requirements document for like-to-like functionality and future enhancements. InTune is a newer MDM, and is missing certain things at this point. Versus Casper, the primary advantage is that it can manage Windows 10 and Android devices. Casper has the advantage of a fast release schedule and quick implementation of new features that Apple puts out.

jimmy-swings
Contributor II

Hey @guidotti - are you able to share any requirements / comparisons you have done to date?

Thanks, James.

guidotti
Contributor II

@jazzyj sorry for the late response. I will take a look and see if there is anything I can share out publicly.