Migration Utility 10.13.4 requests authorization

dmohs
Contributor

I am attempting to migrate accounts from old MacBooks to new MacBooks. Utilizing Migration Assistant and a Thunderbolt cable, I have successful migrated many accounts in the past. However, on only my newly "deployed" computers, one of the steps in Migration Assistant is prompting, "In order to add new users to this system, we need to collect a password from an existing user who is already authorized. Volume Password ____ {Authorize...} {Cancel} {Continue}". I cannot proceed beyond this dialog. Suggestions? Ideas?

The old MacBooks are running macOS 10.12.6 or 10.13.4. They are bound to Active Directory. The drives are not encrypted with FileVault. The machines were originally imaged with Casper Imaging.

The new MacBooks are running macOS 10.13.4 or 10.13.6. They are bound to Active Directory. The drives are not encrypted with FileVault. The machines were setup through Apple School Manager combined with a JAMF Pro 9.101 PreStage enrollment process.

Any type of account being transferred seems to be susceptible, including both local administrators and non-admin mobile accounts.

1 REPLY 1

dmohs
Contributor

Update: As best I can figure, the JAMF management account and the local administrative account created in JAMF Pro 9.101 PreStage enrollment lack a secure token. If I do not use DEP, instead using a more manual process, the initial setup assistant creates an account with a secure token, and thus Migration Assistant can be utilized.