Minneapolis Area JAMF User Group

John_Wetter
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Hello Everyone,
This is just to get the discussion going that I've started looking in to a JAMF User Group meeting in the Minneapolis area sometime in the mid to late April timeframe. We'll likely be talking DEP, AppleID for Students, and iOS 7.1, along with Mavericks and whatever anyone else wants to talk about!

When I have more info, I'll post it to this discussion.

15 REPLIES 15

talkingmoose

Woohoo!

jhuhmann
Contributor

Definitely interested.

egjerde
New Contributor III

absolutely on board for this - please do get this up and running!
If there's any issue of finding a space for a meetup, I'm pretty sure my company would be happy to host a meeting. we're in NE minneapolis, close to downtown.

Would love to see this happen. I have so so many questions.

brad
Contributor

Let's do it!

ernstcs
Contributor III

@john_wetter, you know I'm always interested. Timing has always been my issue, just always conflicts with other things! Which makes me unhappy. =(

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

I am interested in attending.

John_Wetter

Not an announcement, but keep the afternoon of the 24th open everyone...

John_Wetter

Ok, here we go! The Minneapolis area JAMF User Group meeting will be on Thursday, April 24th from 2-4pm at JAMF Software in Minneapolis.

Judging from the discussions on the numerous Apple technologies user groups and email lists, there are a lot of questions out there that we want to try and answer regarding DEP, VPP, AppleID for Students and how those items work with the Casper Suite.

Our goal is to provide an overview of how these updates simplify device and app deployment and integrate with the latest version of The Casper Suite, followed by an open forum with current and future users. Please Join us at the Minneapolis office of JAMF Software on the 10th floor if you are interested in learning more about DEP, VPP & The Casper Suite.

Location details and registration, please sign up if you plan to attend- we will cap attendance, and seating is limited. If there is enough response and interest, we may host future sessions.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/device-enrollment-program-vpp-managed-distribution-for-education-regist...

Parking:
Parking is available at meters on 4th Ave, or at the Gateway Parking Ramp, 400 South 3rd St. We will provide parking vouchers, if you park in the Gateway ramp: http://www.minneapolisparking.com/gateway/

monogrant
Contributor

Nice!

talkingmoose

Well, poop! Already filled.

kyle_bareis
New Contributor III

Hey All,

Thank you all for coming out to the office last week! It was a great discussion about the new programs from Apple. However, there were some folks who couldn't attend so...

I am happy to announce that we are hosting a repeat of the event on May 8th. More info can be found at the Eventbrite page below!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/device-enrollment-program-vpp-managed-distribution-for-education-regist...

Thanks!
Kyle

talkingmoose

@kyle.bareis, Eventbrite says May 7. Can you clarify which date?

kyle_bareis
New Contributor III

@talkingmoose- I had the same response when I first saw Eventbrite too. The end date that you see after "Save my seat" is the day registration closes (24 hours before the event). Hope to see you there!

Kyle

tomdar2
New Contributor

Is this an ongoing group? Thanks.

John_Wetter

@tomdar2 - Yes, we try to keep it a regular ongoing group but we've been a bit lazy the last 12 months. We try to get together about quarterly...