Missing icons during SplashBuddy deployment

dpinai
New Contributor III

I am completing missing the icons to be normally displayed once SplshBuddy launches.

I created and saved all icons within /Users/Shared/Installer-1.3.2/payload/Library/Application Support/SplashBuddy and ran the build_pkg .sh script to build Splashbuddy.pkg.

All assets should be in place, just not displaying the icons during the SplashBuddy run.

If it matters any, all my applications are getting installed properly post run, just not icons!

Than you for any insight on this, much appreciated!

afde13aa5aff46f4be7d29e05882b06b

7 REPLIES 7

ThijsX
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi, @dpinai

Did you follow the nameconventioning guides?

• It is case sensitive
  • Are the names from the icons exactly the same in your io.fti.SplashBuddy.plist
  • In the io.fti.SplashBuddy.plist file, fill in the extension of the icons

dpinai
New Contributor III

Hi @txhaflaire ,

I am not sure where those guides that you mentioned but I just double checked the icons.png files are all name the same within the io.fti.SplashBuddy.plist file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict> <key>applicationsArray</key> <array> <dict> <key>canContinue</key> <false/> <key>description</key> <string>Bind AD</string> <key>displayName</key> <string>Binding to Active Directory</string> <key>iconRelativePath</key> <string>adbind.png</string> <key>packageName</key> <string>adbind</string> </dict> <dict> <key>canContinue</key> <false/> <key>description</key> <string>VPN</string> <key>displayName</key> <string>Global Protect</string> <key>iconRelativePath</key> <string>globalprotect.png</string> <key>packageName</key> <string>globalprotect</string> </dict> <dict> <key>canContinue</key> <false/> <key>description</key> <string>Anti Virus</string> <key>displayName</key> <string>Sentinel One</string> <key>iconRelativePath</key> <string>sentinelone.png</string> <key>packageName</key> <string>sentinelone</string> </dict> <dict> <key>canContinue</key> <false/> <key>description</key> <string>Microsoft Office/string> <key>displayName</key> <string>MS Office 2016</string> <key>iconRelativePath</key> <string>msoffice2016.png</string> <key>packageName</key> <string>msoffice</string> </dict> <dict> <key>canContinue</key> <false/> <key>description</key> <string>Policy Banner/string> <key>displayName</key> <string>Oportun Policy Banner</string> <key>iconRelativePath</key> <string>Oportunlogo.png</string> <key>packageName</key> <string>banner</string> </dict> <dict> <key>canContinue</key> <false/> <key>description</key> <string>Printer/string> <key>displayName</key> <string>Printer Logic</string> <key>iconRelativePath</key> <string>printerlogiclogo.png</string> <key>packageName</key> <string>printerlogic</string> </dict> <dict> <key>canContinue</key> <false/> <key>description</key> <string>Collaboration/string> <key>displayName</key> <string>Microsoft Teams</string> <key>iconRelativePath</key> <string>teams.png</string> <key>packageName</key> <string>teams</string> </dict> <dict> <key>canContinue</key> <false/> <key>description</key> <string>Browser/string> <key>displayName</key> <string>Mozilla Firefox</string> <key>iconRelativePath</key> <string>FF.png</string> <key>packageName</key> <string>firefox</string> </dict><dict> <key>canContinue</key> <false/> <key>description</key> <string>Browser/string> <key>displayName</key> <string>Google Chrome</string> <key>iconRelativePath</key> <string>Chrome.png</string> <key>packageName</key> <string>chrome</string> </dict> </array>
</dict>
</plist>
b0578ab5d6774a1ea52fc639051cf98b

FYI, I had the same problem before and decided to moved the whole SplashBuddy directory in /Users/Shared and reran the buildpkg.sh file to recreate the installer in hope it would a cleaner installation but still no luck.

Also, it seems that the SplashBuddy is not wanting to quit out once all applications are installed, any idea there as well?

ThijsX
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@dpinai

• your office icon is missing his .png extension.
  • your sentinelone icon is missing his .png extension.
  • Texmate.png is in your folder but not in your .plist file. (maybe you are not using it so that wont be a problem)
  • Are your icons 128x128 ?

For the other issue you mentioned, you have many "Can Continue" false BOOL in your preferences, which means if one of the applications fail to install, or names don't match and are not reported in the done log then you can't quit splashbuddy.

dpinai
New Contributor III

@txhaflaire did notice that as well about the missing .png and I did try to add them unsuccessfully as it would revert back to the name itself without the .png format at the end. However, I did notice that the system recognizes that those are indeed .png format although not named properly in the GUI.

Let me try to rename them through terminal and see what happens. However, shouldn't the other icons show up although named properly?

I'll also change the boolean values as well, it seems that most applications are installed properly. Firefox is the only one I am having a problem with at this (I also repackaged it earlier)

Thank you for helping thus far!

scottb
Honored Contributor

@txhaflaire - sorry to piggyback, but I thought I'd post this as it's a similar issue that I can't seem to figure out. My policies all install fine as well.
Where my issue is lies with the "status lights" showing status (green, yellow, etc).

As below, the dots are grey for two policies, but green for the other two. This is my first shot at this so apologies if I missed something obvious here. Not sure what makes the two grey while the others are green?

Thank you for this great setup. It will really add value to the whole onboarding process.

9fab367bb7814aaaab365814022d2b8c

ThijsX
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@scottb

So, i guess you got most parts figured out correctly, It seems that TextMate and CyberDuck are not getting the done state in the donefile. Perhaps the .pkg name you have filled in the .plist is is not exactly the same as in your policies / Jamf Pro packages.

Maybe you could post a screenshot of your io.fti.SplashBuddy.plist in here and a screenshot of for example the CyberDuck policy

Cheers.

scottb
Honored Contributor

@txhaflaire - thank you. I admit that the verbiage on the package and plist matching still has me confused...which is why no doubt I'm having this issue.

caee0ca173d3450b8e6f01525380fd8f
fbf1db7f213e47ba9ccba3cf260989b6
4de5b0c8a66e4914afd0d536c59fc07c