Mobile Device Pre-Stage Enrollment with Apple Configurator and enabling location services

demaioj
New Contributor III

I'm looking for a way to make our deployment of Mobile Devices require less interaction from my team. Right now I have a Pre-Stage Enrollment that is setup to skip all of the iOS Setup Assistant except Location Services. I want location services turned on to ensure that Date & Time can be set automatically and we can enable Lost Mode. We plan on having all the devices on the home screen when they are given to teachers and students.

Using Apple Configurator 2 I was able to setup a blueprint with automated enrollment and included a wireless profile to get the devices activated. This has almost allowed me a zero touch but I still need to tap enable location services. Is there any way to create a blueprint that enables location services or turn it on via a configuration profile afterwards? With some of the research I've done it looks like you can't turn it on via a configuration profile. I was looking at cfgutil but could not find anything in there that would be helpful though my scripting knowledge is limited.

2 REPLIES 2

twall
New Contributor III

I'm not sure how to get around touching the device to turn on Location Services, but I can confirm that Lost Mode works whether Location Services is enabled or not.

demaioj
New Contributor III

I know it's a late reply but thanks for letting me know about Lost Mode!