.mobileconfig file path

jshipman
New Contributor III

Hey All,

I ran into a snag with about 850 computers not having a configuration profile automatically removed. I don't want to kill all profiles because then I will have to re-enroll all of those computers into the JSS. I only want to remove just the one configuration profile. The problem is I can't seem to find the .mobileconfig file on the computer it is installed on. Does anybody have any idea where I can find those files so that I can use the path:

sudo profiles -R -F path/to/file.mobileconfig

to remove the files?

I have tried in terminal:

sudo find / -iname "*.mobileconfig"

and I haven't gotten any results. Does this mean these files don't exist on my computer or am I just searching incorrectly?

Thanks for any help!

Jessie

3 REPLIES 3

nkalister
Valued Contributor

you can use the -u switch to identify the profile to be removed by UUID, or the -p switch to identify the profile to be removed by identifier. With either of those you won't have to specify a path.

gregneagle
Valued Contributor

Once the profile has been installed, the .mobileconfig file can be deleted; it's not required any longer. That sounds like what has happened. So you can use nkalister's suggestions to remove the profile; perhaps doing `profiles -P` first to get a list of all the currently installed profiles.

See `man profiles` for more options.

-Greg

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

That's correct, the mobileconfig file is just used to load the profile, then it just sits around. It is not connected to the loaded profile in any way at that point.

The profiles command can be used to remove profiles easily, as has been mentioned. For this reason, I usually edit my profiles before installing them so I can set simpler identifiers.