Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

SCCM Plugin - Installing Error for Permissions

Anyone else having issues getting the SCCM plugin to install correctly? We have all the correct information. We tried two domain admin accounts, and we even tried creating a new local admin to the machine (in administrators group), and we still get e...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

macOS Single App

is there a way to have a Mac system only launch into a single App (launch daemon/agent?) and not allow it to be closed or swipe/tab out of the fullscreen app?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Undoing Kext Configuration

We are seeing some 10.13.6 gatekeepers not working correctly, thinking that the MDM still needs to approve the extension, and never giving a user the Allow prompt. Even though the configuration on the Mac explicitly is User Approvals Allowed says Yes...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mojave 10.14.1 Beta 2 Download

With this beta version, it seems like there is no way create a USB - I couldn't find the downloaded installer bits, since it is now an update through System Preferences. I'd like to flatten a Mac and run my Jamf installer against that beta version. I...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Safari Clear History and Website Data

Hello Nation, I have some iPads that will be used for students to register for classes. I am trying to find a way to force a logout of our college's website of after an idle time of a few minutes if a students leaves the iPad kiosk without logging ou...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flash update script says it's completing, but it's not

I'm running a flash update script once a week that has been working fine all the way through version 30 of Flash. Since 31 was released, the script has been continuing to run, and is reporting that the update has completed successfully, but in realit...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP Proxy (Pull vs Push)

Hi everyone, First time posting here on Jamf Nation. So we currently are going through setting up Jamf Pro Cloud. We are wanting to have users/groups there to apply permissions/security with AD and SSO. When I started looking at the LDAP connection, ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can you set default passwords in ASM for students.

Does anyone know a way to set a default password for students? I'm trying to streamline the way of getting thousands of students logged in. The default options are: 1) Emailing students. When they are sitting in front of an iPad they can't log into, ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update to iOS 12 with remote command

We have more than 30 iPads needed to update iOS to iOS12. I have created a smart group and static group. Used remote command to issue iOS update. Only very few iPads (less than 5 iPads) have updated to iOS 12 successfully. The rest of them have been ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Is it possible to prevent iOS 12 update - Jamf 10.4.1

Simple question. Is it or is it not possible? If it is, is it possible in a easy way? I know this kind of questions is floating around but I get kind of lost when I'm following the threads as I'm kind of new with Jamf. I've taken over I already insta...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Skip iOS 12 post-update wizard

Hello everyone, Is there any way to skip the wizard after updating to iOS 12? (screen time, automatic updates and all)I know that it seems to be possible to skip it by enrolling iOS 12 iPads but I would want to avoid to wipe the iPads and thus lose t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Patch Policy Grace Period Messages?

I have the default Grace Period message entered into several Patch Policies but the message never seems to get triggered on the machine. Am I missing something? Does the user need to have another app open for the message to be displayed (i.e. Self Se...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best way to unenroll a computer

in order to overcome an issue with the Guest User not showing up in the Login Screen, I need to change my Jamf Admin account to a non-hidden account. As such, I need to unenroll my test computer and re-enroll it so it can get the Jamf framework with ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Turn Off Printer Sharing

Is there any way to turn off printer sharing via Jamf Pro? In the os, I see two ways one might go about it: Turn off Printer Sharing in Sharing Settings, or Uncheck the "Share this printer in the network" box for each of the printers you define. I ha...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Limiting Printers to List

Hi folks, I have successfully built and deployed a Config Profile for Printers in my school. What I find though, is that the printers specified in the CP are added to the Printer list in the target computers as opposed to overwriting the list. Many o...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSO User / ldap group

Hi , we are trying to setup SSO and ran into an issue where users in an ldap group are not recognized and get access denied. Only ldap users directly added to JSS are recognized and signed in. Any idea how this can be solved ? thanks  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

What's New on Jamf Nation - September & October 2018

Hello Jamf Nation - Hope you are well! Here is a brief list of the features we’ve implemented on Jamf Nation since my last update in August. Keep the feedback coming in the comments below or come see us at our JNUC booth. Jamf Nation – New Features a...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

LDAP Proxy (Pull vs Push)

Hi everyone, First time posting here on Jamf Nation. So we currently are going through setting up Jamf Pro Cloud. We are wanting to have users/groups there to apply permissions/security with AD and SSO. When I started looking at the LDAP connection, ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrating away from User template folder use

Hello All, As we know, the use of the user template folder is being frowned upon and I am in the process of rebuilding our packages that currently make use of it. Some of these packages are easy to work with. Find the .plist that is needed to set the...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Control Center Setting Missing on Shared iPads?

On our fleet of 6th Gen iPads (WiFi) running iOS 12, when we configure them as a Shared iPad, we lose the Control Center options in Settings. The user still has access to Control Center via the swipe down gesture from the top-right of the screen, but...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

User name and password after Recovery (10.13)

I'm having issue with a new MacBook (A1708) I just received. I didn't realize it was shipped with 10.13 and attempted to push my 10.12 standard config to it. I was not able to get it to boot after that and was unable to push 10.13 to it via Jamf imag...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reading plists under ~/Library/Containers

I'm looking to push some new settings for Safari. But when i monitor the system for changes to see where they're getting written to it appears to be in ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Safari/Data/Library/Preferences/com.apple.safari.plist I can see th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors