Mojave Beta 10 - Getting prompted for admin credentials over JamfHelper window (osinstallersetupd)

Cayde-6
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Hi all,

Has anybody got this error when deploying Mojave Beta 10?

Getting prompted for admin credentials over jamfHelper window (osinstallersetupd) if I cancel the prompt The installer.log says, that there is a problem creating an APFS partition.

7 REPLIES 7

roiegat
Contributor III

Curious about this too....haven't fully scripted the update yet like I've done in the path since I'm waiting for GM. But in testing beta's I did notice a lot more popups come up during the install requiring admin credentials.

cubandave
Contributor

@LewisB I'm getting this issue as well. I'm raising a ticket to Apple to see why it's happening.

I'm using the command. "$OSInstaller/Contents/Resources/startosinstall" --applicationpath "$OSInstaller" --nointeraction --pidtosignal $jamfHelperPID &

I'm using a modified version of kc9wwh/macOSUpgrade.

@Rosko any ideas?

a_stonham
Contributor II

Are you guys on 10.7.1?

You might be hitting this:

Security Setting to Automatically Install the Privacy Preferences Policy Control Profile When you enroll a computer with Jamf Pro, the computer automatically becomes managed by Jamf Pro. This allows you to perform remote management tasks on the computer. To manage and perform some tasks on computers with macOS 10.14 or later, you must allow the Jamf management framework to access the target computer's system files and processes by installing the Privacy Preferences Policy Control profile. Note: The Privacy Preferences Policy Control profile is part of a security feature with macOS 10.14. For more information about the Privacy Preferences Policy Control profile, see the following website: https://help.apple.com/deployment/mdm/#/mdm38df53c2a Jamf Pro automatically installs the Privacy Preferences Policy Control profile on computers with macOS 10.14 or later when you upgrade to Jamf Pro 10.7.1 or later. This allows the Jamf management framework to be installed on computers to access the necessary system files and processes for managing computers and performing the remote management tasks on the computers.

roiegat
Contributor III

so in my testing today it seems like applicationpath is no longer needed. I got away with using:

"$OSInstaller/Contents/Resources/startosinstall" --nointeraction

Now if we only fix the VNC control issue we'd be golden

mack525
Contributor II

Anyone got this to work? @cubandave I've been able to push out installs using his script as well and works great for admin users but not for standard users.

jon_arntzen_tr
New Contributor II

I am seeing the same thing. Upgrading to 10.14.1 BTW. The script works for some non-admin users but not all. Has anyone figured this out yet?

mack525
Contributor II

As an alternative, i am looking into a script that would add non admin users into the admin group and have the script run. We have a recurring/login policy that checks for non approved users and demotes them to standard.