Mojave installer doesn't fully download

achristoforatos
Contributor II

Hello. I have been playing around with JAMF to learn on my own and watching tutorial videos. However when playing with VPP and the mojave installer, JAMF will push the Mojave installer then only show a 22.8 MB file. I have a script which I found on JAMF nation to run the installer and force t he install. I'll get a notification on the upper right of the computer stating a request was placed for an update to be installed, then the code actually errors out. In terminal it says:
"Error running script: return code was 1.
Check for patches...
No patch policies were found.
Submitting log to https://eos.*.us:8443/"

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

ThijsX
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@achristoforatos Via VPP it downloads the small installer, you can create a .pkg with the full installer (got benefits wont drain your bandwith) and scope that to your machines.

Check the script below how to download easily a full installer.
Installinstallmacos.py

achristoforatos
Contributor II

@txhaflaire Is there a way to force the update even with the small installer? This is the script I am using:

"#!/bin/bash

upgrade to mojave from high sierra with installer path

sudo /PATH/TO/Install macOS Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --agreetolicense --nointeraction"

ThijsX
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@achristoforatos is your goal to upgrade from like 10.13.6 to 10.14.3 or update from 10.14.2 to 10.14.3?

achristoforatos
Contributor II

@txhaflaire I am looking to upgrade machines that have 10.10.x-10.13.x to 10.14.x