Mountain Lion Breaks Login Script

LyndhurstSchool
New Contributor

Hi all,

We are running into a show stopping bug and wondering if anyone has any input on why this would occur. We have a startup script that runs at login based on user group that essentially maps the users documents and desktop to an smb share on the server. Under Lion (10.7.3-.5) this script runs and works with no issue at all. Under mountain lion however this same script posts an authentication error. Thought?

2 REPLIES 2

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

You're likely hitting a sandbox issue where the security system won't allow it. Is this a script running in the root area trying to do things on the user's behalf? You may need to instead convert it into a launch agent so it'll run in the user space instead.

LyndhurstSchool
New Contributor

The script grants the currently logged in user temporary sudo in order to do mounts and create directories where they normally wouldnt be created. I have re-written it so that the user can execute it from terminal after they are logged in and it works. I now just need to know how to run an applescript after login automatically through casper. I will have the applescript call the terminal script and all will be well again.