MS Teams integration to MS Outlook - Teams icon not available

mhasman
Valued Contributor

Hello,

Wonder if anybody was facing the similar issue, and if there is how to fix solution.

Mac with full Office, Outlook and Teams; both applications are set with same O365 account, everything work but there is no Teams icon in Outlook - Calendar- New Meeting.

We tried everything - to reinstall full Office, delete all preferences, containers, run Microsoft_Office_License_Removal_2.1.pkg, etc.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

7ef57f3ad78947e8bf1bea904f693872

7 REPLIES 7

shaquir
Contributor III

Hi @mhasman,
Do you see the Teams option available in OWA (Outlook on the web) or on PC?
Are you using VPP or package delivery to install the apps?
Is it on every machine or just one?
What OS versions have you tried?

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@mhasman A few other questions:
What version of the Outlook app do you have installed? Teams integration was added with version 16.24.414.0.

Did you ever deploy a Configuration Profile to apply settings to the com.microsoft.Outlook domain? There is a key named DisableTeamsMeeting which allows surpassing the Teams Meeting button that would prevent display of the icon.

mhasman
Valued Contributor

@shaquir @sdagley Gentlemen, sorry for the late response, I was out of the town - and thank you for your help!

> Do you see the Teams option available in OWA (Outlook on the web) or on PC?

Thank you for good point, I'll check it

> Are you using VPP or package delivery to install the apps?

Deploying with package

> Is it on every machine or just one?

Just one Mac and one O365 account

> What OS versions have you tried?

Mojave, then Catalina

> What version of the Outlook app do you have installed? Teams integration was added with version 16.24.414.0

Started with Outlook/Office ver. 16.38. Yesterday updated with new 16.39, same result, same issue

> Did you ever deploy a Configuration Profile to apply settings to the com.microsoft.Outlook domain? There is a key named DisableTeamsMeeting which allows surpassing the Teams Meeting button that would prevent display of the icon

Not really. Where should I be looking, please?

SteveC
New Contributor III

@mhasman I found that for some users after switching from VL to O365 activation (required for this), I needed to delete and re-create their mail profile before the Teams button would appear.

mhasman
Valued Contributor

We never used VL. Original setup has been done by O365 account activation

andrew_nicholas
Valued Contributor

@mhasman We would see this for our accounts with On-Prem mailboxes rather than Exchange Online. Typically their user account for Outlook was in the old domainusername format rather than UPN and their mail account was using their non-primary email alias. Correcting both of these fixed the issue pretty much each time, though occasionally the Outlook and Teams apps would need to be bounced two or more times for it to take.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@mhasman You can use PrefsTool to examine any preference domain (e.g. com.microsoft.Outlook) on a Mac to see what settings are in place, and where the setting came from.