Multiple Prestage Enrollment

sujal1208
New Contributor III

Hi guys,

I am in the process of setting up DEP with ABM for my company. I was reading multiple JAMF Nation posts and videos regarding how to set up DEP with ABM and going forward with doing PreStage enrollment for initial setup.

My question is: is it possible to have multiple PreStage Enrollment option. My goal is to have MacBooks follow a different setup path than lets say a MacMini for a conference room. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@sujal1208 You can have multiple PreStage Enrollments, but only one can have devices automatically assigned to it. If MacBooks are your more common device I'd make a PreStage Enrollment for them set to be the one new devices are automatically added to. Then have a separate PreStage Enrollment for minis which you'd add minis to after removing them from the automatic PreStage.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@sujal1208 You can have multiple PreStage Enrollments, but only one can have devices automatically assigned to it. If MacBooks are your more common device I'd make a PreStage Enrollment for them set to be the one new devices are automatically added to. Then have a separate PreStage Enrollment for minis which you'd add minis to after removing them from the automatic PreStage.

kavila
New Contributor III

You can absolutely have different pre-stage enrollments for different functions but as sdagley said, a device can only have one pre-stage assigned to it. I have multiple pre-stages for different devices and user groups, each with unique configuration profiles and SSIDs.

It's not a question of limitations but more a question of what are your organization's needs?