MUT with new JAMC Cloud instance

mooler
New Contributor III

Just checking if anyone might help me find what I am overlooking.
We got a new Cloud-instance and the migration is done. I would like to populate/edit the computer name field and has done so with MUT on other JAMF instances. 
But I´m getting a 401 error. The data loads in MUT and everything looks fine but when submitting the data to Cloud the log shows this and just runs threw the file without any PUT being set.

</html>
2023-02-23 12:36:03 [INFO  ]: Submitting a PUT to https://xxx.jamfcloud.com/JSSResource/computers/serialnumber/xxx
2023-02-23 12:36:03 [ERROR ]: Failed PUT. 401.
2023-02-23 12:36:03 [ERROR ]: <html>
<head>
	<title>Status page</title>
</head>
<body style="font-family: sans-serif;">
<p style="font-size: 1.2em;font-weight: bold;margin: 1em 0px;">Unauthorized</p>
<p>The request requires user authentication</p>
<p>You can get technical details <a href="http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html#sec10.4.2">here</a>.<br>
	Please continue your visit at our <a href="/">home page</a>.
</p>
</body>
</html>

The user I log into MUT with is admin and has all the edit priviliges checked. So I can't see why the user is not authorized to submit the data.
I did edit the computer name to only contain letters and "-" incase this would be due to specail characters.
I did try to submit the data to our old (on prem) JAMF just to check the csv file and that succeeds as expected.

I'm missing something trivial here but after a few days of trial and error I'm stuck!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@mooler I don't believe that MUT has been updated to support Bearer Token authentication, so you probably need to enable "Allow Basic authentication in addition to Bearer Token authentication" in your JSS password policy (Settings->User accounts and groups->Click Password Policy button)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@mooler I don't believe that MUT has been updated to support Bearer Token authentication, so you probably need to enable "Allow Basic authentication in addition to Bearer Token authentication" in your JSS password policy (Settings->User accounts and groups->Click Password Policy button)

mooler
New Contributor III

Lovely! Of course that was the culprit! Thanks for the swift response.