MySQL update disconnects database

ohtech
New Contributor II

Hi, very new at all this - recently installed a MySQL update to fix an issue with MySQL not starting on our Mac server. Now MySQL is running but Casper Admin can't connect. Are there any instructions out there on how to restart the JSS database?

8 REPLIES 8

ryanstayloradob
Contributor

What is your MySQL database installed on? RHEL, Ubuntu, macOS, Windows? What version was it on before and what did you upgrade to? Can you connect to your database through the web?

ohtech
New Contributor II

MySQL installed on macOS, New version installed is v5.7.17, not sure what the previous version was. When I try to connect to JSS thorugh the web I get this error screen. 155e15cd2dc44a99950730ba7e97b7ac

ryanstayloradob
Contributor

Did you click "edit connection" and re-enter your database credentials?

ohtech
New Contributor II

"edit connections" brings up the screen below. I put in the proper password and still run into the same problem.54f891b1f9a24cb18ecbda06b464df85

dgreening
Valued Contributor II

You may need to re-grant permissions to "jamfsoftware" for your DB using the command line interface. The directions are in the Admin Guide.

jmercier
Contributor II

hi, i might be wrong but if i remember that version of mysql was giving me that kind of errors until somebody told me to install 5.6.33 instead... and all was working fine after

dgreening
Valued Contributor II

@jmercier Ah yeah I missed that. Jamf is not recommending 5.7.x as of yet. 5.6.33 is the ticket.

ryanstayloradob
Contributor

What version of jamf are you running?