Need help initializing USB Services with VMWare Horizon Client 2206 - 8.6.0

nnewport
New Contributor III

What I was doing in the past to enable the USB services doesn't seem to work on the newer version of the client.  I need to update student's client because their current version does not work on our version of Horizon now.  

Previously I did the following after install.

sudo chmod 755 "/Applications/VMware Horizon Client.app/Contents/Library/InitUsbServices.tool"
sudo "/Applications/VMware Horizon Client.app/Contents/Library/InitUsbServices.tool" &>/dev/null

Has anyone had any luck enabling the USB Remote Services for standard users?

3 REPLIES 3

cricri_mac
New Contributor

Hi i have same issue

i resolve it by this

make pkg with composer to install original dmg in private/tmp

and this little script

hdiutil attach /private/tmp/VMware-Horizon-Client-2206-8.6.0-20094589.dmg; cp -rf /Volumes/VMware\ Horizon\ Client/VMware\ Horizon\ Client.app /Applications; hdiutil detach /Volumes/VMware\ Horizon\ Client; xattr -d -r com.apple.quarantine /Applications/VMware\ Horizon\ Client.app

regards

nnewport
New Contributor III

I was able to resolve this over the Summer but kept forgetting to post it.  Thank you for letting others know.  I do believe what I was missing was the "xattr -d -r com.apple.quarantine" command.  It never said anything was an issue, but it was in fact quarantining the dmg.

Here is what I run as a postinstall script.  I drop the full DMG onto the machine and run it locally.

#!/bin/sh
## postinstall

pathToScript=$0
pathToPackage=$1
targetLocation=$2
targetVolume=$3

cd /tmp/getmacapps_temp
xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine "VMware-Horizon-Client-2206-8.6.0-20094589.dmg"

#Installing Client
if [ -d "/Applications/VMware Horizon Client.app" ]; then
echo "Client exists, deleting first…"
sudo rm -r "/Applications/VMware Horizon Client.app"
else
echo "Client does not exist, moving on…"
fi
hdiutil attach -nobrowse "VMware-Horizon-Client-2206-8.6.0-20094589.dmg"
sudo cp -R "/Volumes/VMware Horizon Client/VMware Horizon Client.app" /Applications

#Cleaning Up
hdiutil unmount "/Volumes/VMware Horizon Client"
rm "VMware-Horizon-Client-2206-8.6.0-20094589.dmg"

#Installing Extras
sudo "/Applications/VMware Horizon Client.app/Contents/Library/InitUsbServices.tool" &>/dev/null
sudo /Applications/VMware\ Horizon\ Client.app/Contents/Library/thnuclnt/thnusetup.sh -i /Applications/VMware\ Horizon\ Client.app/Contents/Library/thnuclnt/ &>/dev/null

Do I need to modify any of these, or leave them as is?

pathToScript=$0
pathToPackage=$1
targetLocation=$2
targetVolume=$3