NetBoot Issue

bbergstein
New Contributor III

Hey all-

I have a slightly odd situation. I am trying to build a 10.7 netboot image to use for Casper Imaging. I followed the instructions in the document that came with the automator action (in the resource kit). Every image I build is able to netboot my test iMac, but not my newer MBPs. I even tried building the image entirely on one of the new MBPs (2 partitions, one base install and the other has 10.7 with SIU and such for capturing the other partition). Even this one works on the iMac, but not on the MBP (the one it was created on). It basically starts up to a blank white screen, then I get a flashing globe, and eventually it times out and boots to the internal HD.

Any ideas? I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall sometimes with netboot...

Benji Bergstein
Client Strategies
412.963.6200 x21386

2 REPLIES 2

Jak
New Contributor III

i've not got the automator action to work to be honest..

But I've built a normal Netboot image and manually added Casper Imaging etc and that boots everything so far. Build Mac was 10.7 thurderbolt mac mini.

Apply all system updates via combo download.. delta won't cut it.

mbales
New Contributor II

Jak, how did you manually add Casper imaging to your netboot image? We have been having the same issues with the automator action.