Netskope Client is trying to modify a System Extension

mwestaph
New Contributor

Hello,

I am getting this message when I attempt to uninstall or install Netskope from Jamf, which prompts me to elevate.

I have given both the Netskope and the Remove Netskope Client full disk access.

I am using the uninstall script for Jamf, provided by Netskope on their download page.

I don't know what more I can do to prevent the pop-up. Help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

As @jamf-42 mentioned, if you deploy a System Extension and don't set it to the Removable System Extensions under the System Extension Types dropdown, then when a script later tries to remove it, you'll get prompted to enter an admin username and password. That's just how it works.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

probably that the config profile for the system extension is not set to be removable.. 

Where is that setting?

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

ignore me.. was thinking something else.. paste the script here.. lets see what it does.. 

The password I'm being prompted for is the admin password, not the client protection password referenced in the script.

#!/bin/sh
####################################################################################################
#
# Copyright (c) 2016, Netskope, Inc.  All rights reserved.
#
#
####################################################################################################
#
# SUPPORT FOR THIS PROGRAM
#
#       This program is distributed "as is" by Netskope, Inc team. Please contact Netskope support
#       team.
#
#
# ABOUT THIS PROGRAM
#
# VERSION : 2.0
#
# NAME
# jamfuninstall.sh -- uninstall Netskope client app thru jmaf
#
#####################################################################################################
# version : 1.0 , this script file is introduced for jamf based uninstallation
# version : 2.0 , [2019-Oct-10] support added for password based uninstallation

SCRIPT_NAME=`basename "$0"`
echo "Param1 $1 Param2 $2 Param3 $3"

function print_usage()
{
echo "Usage "
echo " Uninstall without password"
    echo "   jamfuninstall.sh <dummy param 1> <dummy param 2> <dummy param 3>"
echo " Uninstall with password"
    echo "   jamfuninstall.sh <dummy param 1> <dummy param 2> <dummy param 3> <password>"
}

if [[ $# -lt 3 ]] 
then
   echo "Insufficient arguments."
   print_usage
   exit 1
fi

if [[ $# -gt 3 ]]
then
INPASSWORD="$4"
fi

/Applications/Remove\ Netskope\ Client.app/Contents/MacOS/Remove\ Netskope\ Client uninstall_me $INPASSWORD

RETCODE=$?
echo "Uninstaller exited with Return code : $RETCODE"
exit $RETCODE

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

on the config profile for the system extension, how is this set? 

On a TEST device, set this to Removable and try try the script again.. 

Do not scope to production.. 

jamf42_0-1714494072592.png

Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 9.54.28 AM.png

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

As @jamf-42 mentioned, if you deploy a System Extension and don't set it to the Removable System Extensions under the System Extension Types dropdown, then when a script later tries to remove it, you'll get prompted to enter an admin username and password. That's just how it works.