NetSUS - Multi-geographical setup

kburns
New Contributor III

Hey everyone,

Long story short, I need to set up a way to manage/control Apple updates in my organization.

So, after some research on available options for managing Apple updates, I've decided to stick with the Jamf NetSUS running as an appliance and using Windows Server/IIS for the shares. We finally have centralized windows update servers across my org, and I'd like to follow suite by "piggybacking" off the already set up WSUS environment. I'll be setting up the NetSUS (reposado) share on our primary DFS share, and then allowing DFS to replicate the share to each site.

My question for anyone who has used NetSUS to deploy Apple updates across multiple locations is, did you have to set up a separate NetSUS for each site or is there a way for each location to point to the same SUS catalog but pull from a separate http/IIS share?

Thanks!

p.s. Also accepting alternative ideas. This is the first time we've set up an update server for the Macs in our org, and I'm still busy cleaning up the messes left behind by previous employees.

0 REPLIES 0