Network Home Folder Yosemite

Araneta
New Contributor III

Hi All,

The network home folder shows as a questions mark on the dock on my Yosemite clients.
I tried re-doing my config profiles as I upgraded my JSS to 9.6 to no avail. I also tried excluding Yosemite clients from the config profile but with the same result.
I tried removing the JSS framework manually, logged off/ log in and the Network home folder was back on the dock.
I then re-enrolled the machine using Recon, log off/log in and it was back to a question mark.

Anyone have any ideas? I don't have any other config profile in place, just the normal policies. Is this a bug on 9.6?

Thanks in advance.

Erwin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Araneta
New Contributor III

I have found the culprit. I have an old mcx setting to set the default wallpaper on Mountain Lion clients. I used a smart group for that and it was including my 10.10 clients. Blah!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

gskibum
Contributor III

At the risk of coming off like another "did you repair permissions" reply, what happens when the users click on the icon? Does the icon then appear?

Araneta
New Contributor III

Nothing happens when they click the icon and it stays there after clicking.
I need to add that the home drive is mapped automatically on AD user object.
I'll try and figure out if it is one of my policies acting weird or is it just the new jamf binary.
Yup, and did try the repair disk permission. :)

Thanks for the input @gskibum

EliasG
Contributor

We get the same thing here, I have my users reboot and it usually fixes the connection, but it is kind of annoying.

jconte
Contributor II

we had the issue in 10.9, not seeing it in 10.10. I think it has something to do with latency during login. A logoff/logon should resolve it.

Araneta
New Contributor III

I have found the culprit. I have an old mcx setting to set the default wallpaper on Mountain Lion clients. I used a smart group for that and it was including my 10.10 clients. Blah!