New Apple Store App

paulvb
New Contributor II

Anyone come across the new Apple Store App? It is showing up on our new 6th Gen ipads running 11.4.1. App store restrictions in Configuration does not stop access.26327447389342c290a89da657c1525a

5 REPLIES 5

Emmert
Valued Contributor

That's an odd icon. The handle at the top would protrude from the rounded square or make it smaller. Are you certain this is an official Apple app and not something third-party? Check manage storage and see if it's listed in there.

Sichas
Contributor

@Emmert If it's a fake, it's a very good one. That matches the app that I personally, intentionally installed on my own iPhone.

@paulvb What Bundle ID are you utilizing to try and prevent access? Looks like it's com.apple.store.Jolly That's working for me on a supervised device. If that's NOT working, then A) make sure the device is supervised as that's required, B) then I'd revert to Emmert's suggestion and check the inventory record or manage storage to see what the app actually is.

Just_Jack
Contributor

We've seen the new Apple Store icon too on new iPhones.
We've added it to our restricted app list. Here's Apple's iTunes listing
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apple-store/id375380948?mt=8

paulvb
New Contributor II

it is the new icon for the Apple Store. As in apple.com. Thanks for the bundle ID JSilin.

Sichas
Contributor

No prob!