New JSS stuck on "initializing"

Aziz
Valued Contributor

Started up a new JSS to replace our current JSS. I shut down the first one and went through the installer, everything was fine until I opened the webpage, http:127.0.0.1:9006 (something like that). It's just stuck on "initializing". Anyone know any solutions before I contact JAMF?

I've given the SQL database all rights (following the instructions), I've restarted Tomcat and MySQL and restarted the Mac, it's been like this all weekend long (just returned).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aziz
Valued Contributor

This came down to an issue with JDK 8 and Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) or Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy 8.

I instead used JDK 7 and JCE 7 and it started up fine. After restoring the database and making sure everything was okay, I upgraded to JDK8 and JCE 8.

My TAM couldn't recreate the issue, so it might have just been me?

Specs:
Latest Mac Mini with:

OS X 10.10.3, Dual Core i7 @ 3.0, 16 GB of RAM and a 1TB Fusion Drive

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

@rtrouton 's post on this fixed any problems i had initializing. Mine ranged from no space on the db to crashed tables.
here]

Aziz
Valued Contributor

@rderewianko I was successful in restoring a database from a previous JSS, but it would no longer let me sign in. My LDAP and the local admin account both failed. Any suggestions?

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

If both creds local & LDAP are failing. I'd get jamf involved they'll probably have you create some via a MSQL command.
- RD

Aziz
Valued Contributor

@rderewianko

Yup, I contaced JAMF Support. Hopefully they can help me out!

Aziz
Valued Contributor

This came down to an issue with JDK 8 and Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) or Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy 8.

I instead used JDK 7 and JCE 7 and it started up fine. After restoring the database and making sure everything was okay, I upgraded to JDK8 and JCE 8.

My TAM couldn't recreate the issue, so it might have just been me?

Specs:
Latest Mac Mini with:

OS X 10.10.3, Dual Core i7 @ 3.0, 16 GB of RAM and a 1TB Fusion Drive