Sign QuickAdd package

roiegat
Contributor III

I have a OS Developer account, but can't seem to sign the packages. Well, let me say that the P12 file I gave it seemed to take ok, but when I download the package it says that it's damaged and wants to trash it. So I'm not doing something right.

Does anyone have steps to get it working? I went into developer.apple.com and created a installer ceritifcate. I then installed that certifcate in my keychain and exported the P12 of that. Am I missing something?

7 REPLIES 7

jstrauss
Contributor

Hi Roie,

This thread on JAMF Nation from a while back has some useful links:

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=6036

Hope this helps!

Jeff

ant89
Contributor

Roie - did you fix this issue? I know this is an old post. But i have the same issue. Right now i just want to revert back without the cert. So i removed it, but everytime i do an enroll via url the package is damaged and wants to be trashed. any ideas how i can revert back? I already removed the cert and unchecked the box.

Simmo
Contributor II
Contributor II

@anthony.cornejo

You need to make sure you are the agent of the account to be able to request the correct cert.
Are you using user initiated enrollment or using a recon-generated quickadd?

ant89
Contributor

@Simmo - I am using user initiated enrollment. This issue occured after i removed the cert and made the settings how it was originally. The sign quickadd package box was checked and thats where i added the cert. I removed and want to revert back.

7bd7f1c918bc484da642cf8f9878e3b2

Now when we enroll via url i get the "QuickAdd.pkg is damaged and can't be opened" message.

Simmo
Contributor II
Contributor II

@acorn

Seems like the certificate has gotten stuck.
I'd try disabling user initiated enrollment and re-enabling it, or try uploading a different cert in place of the one you have in there then unchecking the sign quickadd checkbox again.
Otherwise you may need to contact JAMF Support on that one.

ant89
Contributor

Thats what i was thinking. The cert seems to be stuck somehow. Ill go ahead and try what you suggested.

Thanks!

ant89
Contributor

Fixed my issue - had to restart the server itself.