NoMAD and kerberos issue

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

Since JAMF now owns NoMAD and there are plenty of NoMAD users here, maybe I can find an answer to my query. Up until maybe a month or so ago we had been using ADPassMon without issue. All our Macs MUST join AD - we cannot escape it, but it worked just fine. Since we replaced ADPassMon with NoMAD I'm getting reports from nearly all my users that they aren't getting Kerberos tickets in a timely manner. it's especially bad for remote users who connect via our Pulse VPN. Under ADPassMon, remote users would get kerberos tickets within 5-10 minutes. That's slower than when they are on the LAN, but it WOULD happen. Now, even users on the LAN can take 5-10 minutes while remote users take 30-45 minutes or never at all unless they click the Sign In menu option in NoMAD. I've been assured that nothing has changed on the servers. I do have the following section in the plist that I converted to a config profile:

<key>RenewTickets</key>
        <string>1</string>
    <key>SecondsToRenew</key>
        <string>7200</string>

I took the default values that were in the NoMAD example. Should I change the SecondsToRenew?

0 REPLIES 0