nomad doesnt sync AD password after update to Ventura

N30
New Contributor III

So i just update my mac to ventura, and the things is that i changed my AD password 1 day before. 

Now after updating to ventura, i can only login to my mac using my old password.

is there a way to force nomad to check ad and sync the latest password?

10 REPLIES 10

dgoldberg
New Contributor II

I have never gotten NoMad to sync passwords.  My company's domain is a mess and we are still using Smart Cards.  My end users use the corporate portal to change their domain password and then go into their local Mac account to change their local password.  We only need NoMAD to grab the kerberos ticket and for appliances to see the smart card.  Good luck.  I hope Josh and team can release a new version shortly.

N30
New Contributor III

Further to my post, i just want to clarify that LocalPasswordSync is set to be true for my nomad plist. 

N30_0-1666907918275.png

hepvd
Contributor

Seems that I have more of the same issue. Have you found a fix for it ?

N30
New Contributor III

not yet. 

N30
New Contributor III

it seems no one from jamf/nomad care about this

Nomad is EOL…

N30
New Contributor III

What do you mean Nomad is EOL? so its no longer supported? what is everyone in the Mac enterprise world doing right now if they dont use nomad anymore?

UKYPayne
New Contributor

JAMF Connect

whiteb
Contributor II

NoMAD still works fine on Ventura. Literally 0 issues. Lot of people saying it's EOL and not recommending running it on Ventura, but it works fine. If you have IdP it's probably better to go XCreds now though.

Keith_L
New Contributor III

But Jamf Connect is for non on-prem AD.

For on-prem AD customers, what other choice do they have?