Nomad Login not working after OS upgrade

mroe
New Contributor III

In prepping for a new school year we're setting up new macs for staff and we've noticed that Nomad Login stops working after upgrading the OS from Big Sue To Monterey. It's still showing as an installed package and if we reinstall the package it works fine again. Has anyone else come across this, and more importantly how did you fix it so you didn't need to reinstall nomad login? 

4 REPLIES 4

Rebry
New Contributor III

Try running authchanger again and see if that solves the issue. It should be included with Nomad

Authchanger -AD 

https://github.com/jamf/authchanger 

mroe
New Contributor III

Thanks for the suggestion, but now I'm getting a weird issue where the nomad load screen doesn't show up and when I try to sign in as a domain user, it then brings me to the nomad login screen and then just hangs if you try to sign in with it. Do I need to specify anything other than the -AD flag?

Rebry
New Contributor III

So, the -AD flag just sets the system to use NoMad instead of the normal login. You could do an autchanger -reset  just to.. reset back to the standard login to be able to log into the system and look for logs. 

If you encounter a Black page, thats usually because the binary isnt where its supposed to be, or might not have the right rights. 
if you have a nomad login, but you cant log in, then it might be because of the configuration isnt set correctly. Do a re-push of the configuration profile and see if that does the trick (or re-run the script that creates it) 
Im not sure what wierd issue you're looking at, what nomad load screen are you referring to? 

macbrun
New Contributor III

We've encountered the same behavior. So far re-installing fixes it, though sometimes we need to remove it then install it. We'll try authchanger now. Thanks for the tip @Rebry !